Sunday, December 1, 2013

November 4th, 2013

Dear Family and Friends: Happy Fall Ya'll!
 
I hope this message finds you warm this fall season!
 
To everyone who asked, thank you so much, I had a wonderful birthday! It was so much fun! I had a huge tender mercy with that:
I went to a members home for a birthday lunch and guess what? I felt like I had walked into my home. Her house looked just like mine at home. Same type of couch, with decorated red cushions, some of the same decorations and accessories in the kitchen as we have at home, everything just looked as if my Mom had done it. She even played classical music, the type my Dad likes and even had my favorite food! Frozen fruit-she didn't even know it was my favorite! It made me secretly smile knowing what Heavenly Father had done for me.
 
 I want to testify that God's tender mercies are all over the place. He gives us tender mercies to remind us of His love for us. The Lord's tender mercies are extended to all, the trick is to keep your eyes open to it! Will all of you this week pay attention to your blessing and then thank God for them? I promise you that if you do, that you will see the Lord's hand in your life!
 
Story: Last night Sister Lundholm and I went to a lady's home. Her name is Christina and she has two kittens. She is having a very hard time in her life right now and we were listening intently to her as she tearfully shared her feelings...then I look down and see a black furry face with two paws (and claws) pop out of my companions skirt! It was laying on its back underneath her skirt playing with the end of it. It was hilarious! My companion had a long flowy skirt on and the kitten and climed under her skirt and proceeded to cause all sorts of mayhem for about 10 minutes. I know that this doesn't sound too funny, but take my word for it. It was!
 
Truth:I want everyone to know that my Mom is always right! Growing up she use to have us sing: " I say to myself, remember this, kindness begins with me!" It is so true! This week we really focused on loving others and showing kindess to everyone that we meet. Kindness opens up doors! Who doesn't love someone who is kind right off the bat to them? I saw it work miracles, people who previously were not very open, opened right up! Strangers let us come into their homes because of it. Always remember: Kindess begins with me! When people are speaking, listen. When someone looks sad, offer to give them a hug!
 
I know that our Savior Jesus Christ was the perfect example of kindness. I want to be just like Him. Will all of you show your love for the Savior Jesus Christ and follow His example by showing love to others? Will ya'll be extra kind this week? I promise you that if you do, that you will be happier in life and notice a difference!
 
Love Ya'll,
 
Sister Susan Anderson
110 Oak Park Dr # B
Irmo, SC 29063

No comments:

Post a Comment