Sunday, December 1, 2013

November 11th, 2013

Dear Family and Friends:

It's that time again! Another email update!

COMPANION: Well the South is the best, as you all know by now, but what ya'll may not know is that I have THE best companion in the whole entire world. She is amazing! I love Sister Lundholm! She is so self-less, kind, obedient, understanding, and a great friend. I could not have picked a better companion had I been given the chance. I am so grateful for her! I am just so happy. I love being a missionary!

FUN NOTE: I learned how to make fried chicken today! I learned from an old African-American lady! The only way to learn! So everyone, be ready, someday I will be making ya'll fried chicken the Southern way.

CHOICES: Recently I was thinking about where I am in life, as we all do from time to time. I was thinking, how did I get here? I mean, I have so many friends and family members who grew up practically the same way as me, yet we all seem to  be in such different places. (Just bear with me on this one.) I decided that the answer was that we all made 90% of the same decisions but it was that other 10% that was different. It was that 10% that put us in different places.

Small choices are so important. They are what make us who we are. Often we think, "oh its not that big of a deal" or "it doesn't really matter in the long run", but I am here to tell you today that it does! All choices are important. In the scriptures we learn that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." So, I guess what I am trying to say is that be cautious of your small choices. Choices such as: Will I attend church this week? Will I pray today, even though I am tired? Will I watch this movie? Our small choices affect our lives as much as our big ones do.

It is these small choices that have prepared many of my friends to be baptized this weekend! That right everyone: Baptisms again in Conway! These people are all from different walks of life, yet they are now changing that 10% and preparing for baptism! 

WILL YOU: Will ya'll, the next time you are going to make a decision, imagine the Savior right beside you as you make that choice? I know that if you do, then you will make the right one. If you do what the Savior would do, you will never go wrong, for He is our perfect example.

I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. He has given me everything. I know that he is real and that he lives. I am so grateful for this knowledge. Always remember that you are never alone, never. You can always pray to your Heavenly Father and He will always listen. 

Also, please pray for us! We will need the prayers this week. Our faith and endurance often gets tried before great things! Know that I pray for many of you! 

Love Ya,

Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment