Monday, September 8, 2014

Sept 9, 2014

Hello Y'all from South Carolina!
 
Update-------------
I'm still here for a few more days. First, I want to thank y'all for all of your prayers on my behalf, I could truly feel them. When I wasn't feeling well, I would remember that there were others praying for me and that gave me more strength. Thank you, thank you. I am very grateful.
 
Baptism-----------------
Well, this past week Zoe was baptized! She is a darling ten year old girl whom we have been teaching. I wasn't able to personally attend the baptism, but my companion went and she said it was wonderful. The whole entire ward came together to help her.
 
Here is a little bit about Zoe. She is amazing! Well back in February, we went and met her Grandmother who is a member of the church. Over the next few months we became their friends. One day, after Zoe had been coming to church for months, we found out that she had not been baptized yet. So, we taught her the lessons and prepared her for baptism. Zoe is a bright girl and just retained so much of what we taught. The ward all chipped in to help, whether by hosting a lesson or dinner at their home, or even just an encouraging word and now she is  happy member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
 
Happiness------------
Happiness is a funny thing, everyone seems to want it but not everyone knows where to find it. We often spend a huge part of our lives working to be able to have happiness. I have found that true happiness lies in following the example of Jesus Christ. I know that is why we have the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as a road map to eternal lasting happiness; happiness that will come from living in God's presense with our families.
 
There is a story in the Book of Mormon where a  missionary named Aaron is teaching a King (Alma 22). Aaron had just taught him about God's plan for us to be saved through Jesus Christ. Upon hearing this, "the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken?...I wil give up all that I possess,... that I may recieve this great joy.." (*eternal life: living forever in God's presense.)
 
The King clearly understood the truth of this message. He understood its importance and thus was willing to do what ever it took to receive the fullness of the blessings which would come from it.
 
Aaron invited him to "repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believe that ye shall receive". In response, the King prayed and said, "I will give away all my sins to know thee."
 
I know that we too must give away our sins to know God more and thus to be more happy. Our life is dearly short, I know that deciding to be happy today is very important. I can promise you as a representative of Jesus Christ, that as you repent, you will feel closer to God. I strongly encourage you to do so. (*Repent: stopping doing things that distance us from God and try to go things that would right the wrongs we have caused and bring us closer to God. Repentance is possible through our Savior Jesus Christ.)
 
 
My Mission----------
Hands down, the greatest honor of my life. I love it with all my heart and I am grateful to have been able to share some of it with you. I am very grateful for this privledge to have been able to serve my Savior Jesus Christ and the people of South Carolina. I love them both.
 
My Plans--------------
In a few days, my Dad is going to fly out here to accompany me home on the plane.  I would love to see many of you, but before I do, I need to rest for a little while. I am still not very mobile; so I love you, but I will see you in person in a week or two. I promise to let y'all know!
 
I love y'all dearly!!
 
Love Ya,
Sister Susan Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment