Monday, September 8, 2014

Sept 2, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers, I know that they help a lot. I was just released from the hospital today! I was there for almost five days, I share this because those five days were such a blessing and learning experience, so many people to talk about the gospel with. I will share more about that in a minute and jump to the part y'all are dying to hear about.

I don't know if y'all are aware, but I got a blood clot in my leg in June. I have been on blood thinners for 3 months, but they didn't work. So the clot in my knee broke off and went to my lung and a new one formed under my knee in the same place. I am going to be coming home next week, but I know that it is all in the Lord's hands.

This past Thursday, I was not feeling well. I was having a hard time breathing and just felt sick. I tried taking benydril but nothing seemed to help or get it under control. I just contributed it to some other medical problems that I have been having and pushed on. Well the night came and it was worse, so we felt very prompted to go to urgent care. We got there and it was closed, but the thought kept coming very very strong to both me and my companion to go. We stopped in a pharmacy to get medicine and asked some strangers for directions, they urged us to go to a new hospital, one we had never been too or really knew where it was. We didn't know where it was, but it just felt right, so we found out and left.

When we arrived it was empty in the ER, there was only one other person coming in for treatment, so they saw me very quickly. They immediately knew what the problem was and did many tests. I then found myself in the ICU for a couple of days.

These days were just filled with the most peace and love. I felt total peace, a peace that did not come from this world. During my stay at the hospital, many missionaries came to help me and switch staying with me, many friends and members came, and even some recent converts. I was able to give out two Books of Mormon and have many lessons and contacts. We tried so very hard to smile at everyone we met, compliment them, and thank them for their service in helping me. By the end of the stay, everyone knew who the missionaries were and were willing to help them in any way. 

The hospital that I stayed at is actually straight down the street from my mission office and very close to the home of many missionaries. It was the perfect location. I know that we were prompted to come here, even though it was much farther than the other hospital that I have gone to in the past.

We found out how to get here, because one time I took a wrong turn on my way to a meeting and found it. At the time, it seemed like a silly mistake, but now I know it was Heavenly Father helping me.

The whole ride to the hospital I felt some of the most peace I have ever felt in my life which continued through the whole night; my companion felt it as well. During out car ride to the ER, the Spirit told me that my mission was over. I felt total peace and could feel this truth without a doubt. This spiritual confirmation helped so much before the Doctor officially said it, my companion could feel it as well. To those who wonder if I will be heading back out, the answer is no for now. I love my mission dearly, but I cannot deny the feeling that I have completed my mission here. I have been having some other medical problems for a while now and I need time to heal.

I can testify that when you truly try your best, not matter the outcome, you feel good and at peace. As we try our best to follow the commandments we can feel approved in the eyes of the Lord. I love my mission with all my heart. I am so grateful for my time here.

Thank you, thank you for your prayers, I have felt them and they have given me the courage to do hard things while in the hospital, so thank you. I love ya!

Sister Susan Ashley Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment