Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30th, 2013


Hola Everyone!
This week was great! We saw so many miracles! Starting with a baptism of Jessica! It was amazing to have taught her and had her baptized. She was also baptized with another lady, Sister Gorman who is an older lady and wants to finish her life following Christ. We are NEVER too old or too young to choose to follow the Savior-it is never too late!
This quote gets me so excited!!! Please read it, becuase this is what I am going to help do:
"President Spencer W. Kimball stated: 'Make no small plans, they have no magic to stir mans souls. This is the Vision I have for teh South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking mission in the World together. There are hosts of marvelous Baptists, members of the Church of Christ, Methodists, and Catholics, who are honorable people and ahve fiath int he Lord Jesus Christ and love him. As they see their church veering off to the right of the left of those basic teachings, they will begin to search for truth. And as pivotal teachers come into the church and have influence, we will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, and thousands, tens-of-thousands, in your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be Temples plural in the South State. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people.' " - Vaughn J. Featherstone.
I know that this can happen! We have seen so much growth in our area even since being here. I am honored to get to help in this great work.
I have been very blessed this week to do a lot of teaching. We visit a lot of less actives and investigators, sometimes they move forward and sometimes they don't but either way I know I gave it my best shot. As missionaries, we don't always minister with words. Sometimes, we simply do service and talk to people. Our actions really do speak louder than our words, so make sure and do some service. Reminds others, that there are still nice people in the world  or what we hear in our case "young folks who know Jesus and are doin good." I love em sothern folks.
President Holm, our Mission President, took my district out to lunch this week! It was amazing! Also, I get to go to some conferences in Irmo for Wednesday and Thursday this week. It will be great!
Miracle Moment: We met a lady while biking, Faith. We got her info. A few days later went to an appt for her and she wasnt there. Then a few days later we went out to lunch with President Holm and she was our waiter! Set up another appt for next day,she wasn't there. Then we were drivning down the street later that day and passed her and was able to talk and teach her. I know that God is aware of us and where we are!
New Vocabulary Word: "Grans" means grandkids.
I am so excited for General Conference!! I can't wait! Invite someone to watch with you. You never know until you try! Well, I loveall of you! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Susan Anderson
P.S. I am only getting called a teenager once or twice a week now!

No comments:

Post a Comment